I dont kindle, I read.

January 29, 2012


Being kids, it seems like once we finally learn how to read we have conquered the world (once after learning to spell Mississippi of course, and backwards if you were an over achiever like myself). I had my fair share of favorite books from Junie B. Jones, The Baby Sitters Club, Roald Dahl, Harry Potter and much more.
People tend to say quite frequently "The book was so much greater than the movie." There is that overwhelming sensation while reading a book and feeling like each character in the novel was more than just a character, they were a part of you. Reading gives you inspiration, will power, and motivation to never give up. If someone were to ask you how a book smelt that had never smelt one before how would you tell them? Have you ever asked yourself that?  Smell is the most powerful trigger to the memory there is. For instance a certain flower or a puff of smoke can bring up experiences... long forgotten. Books smell-musty and rich. When I truly love a book I want to touch its pages, see how the words linger in the print, and yes, I want to smell it. 
There has been so much heap and excitement about the new kindles. There have been countless times where I have thought of myself using one because of how convenient it would be. However, I just could never bring myself to do it. Kindles dont, nor ever will have the magic of books. Therefore I read, I do not kindle.


9 love notes:

  1. I just went to a second hand store to buy books. And I might have smelled them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog :) I love yours! I'm now a new follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! im so sorry i am just now thanking you for the comment you left on my blog. :) it truly made my day. i had to take a little break from blogger, but now, hopefully im back for awhile. ;) im one of your newer followers...:) hope you have a blessed week!

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogpspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i feel the same way! there is nothing like the smell and feel of a book... no kindle for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. reading at least 200 to 300 pages a week you might think the kindle would be perfect for me, but there is nothing like the feeling of a book in your hands. Thanks for stopping by at my blog! new follower :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might just have to agree with you. I LOVE the feeling of the pages. Although I can't say I've used a kindle long enough to know if I like it...

    p.s. That first picture is sooooooo stinkin' CUTE!

    Lovely to meet you Elsha Rae. Thanks for stopping by my blog so I could come visit you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what an amazing post! same here: i read, i don't kindle. :)
    i just love the smell and feel of real books. :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Udderly Smooth Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I TOTALLY agree with you! Fantastic post - I don't think that I could ever swap my hard copies for an e-reader, it's just not the same at all!

    Stephanie @ Stepping Out of the Page

    ReplyDelete

« »

HER AND HIM All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger