Let's Recap.

February 13, 2012

 Contemplating over the past year A LOT of things have changed: anything from my relationship with my family to my relationship with my education -and everything in between like my testimony, priorities, friends, schools, plans, and a major. Day to day, not much seemed to change... But looking back, I'm a totally different person. I'm better off because of everything I experienced in 2011. The most beautiful thing I've come to learn about life is that happiness is not tied to plans. My life has turned out so differently than what I planned on a couple years ago, yet i'm still just as happy as I ever hoped i'd be.


Here are 20 of the main things I learned in the year 2011:

1. There are good things in life & there are better things in life, the hard part is figuring out which things are the best.
2. The Lord may ask a lot at times, but he is never asking more than we are capable of giving.
3. Sometimes you have to do things YOUR way and forget about what other people are going to say.
4. Some people that you thought would never let you down, probably will.
5. The people that really love you will always support you. Even when it’s not in their best interest.
6. Timing isn't everything. If you wait to do everything until you're sure it's right, you'll probably never do much of anything.
7. Sometimes you have to forget about what you want, and remember what you deserve.
8. Many people are dying to lend out a shoulder to cry on & a helping hand. Take them up on the offer.
9. It turns out, my parents knew what they were talking about for all of those years. 
10. "What If's" weigh A LOT.
11. Ending a chapter in life is hard, however some of the best chapters in life are waiting to be written.
12. My family is nothing short from amazing.
13. To be great, surround yourself with greatness.
14. Life always goes on. 
15. My Heavenly Father loves me.
16. I have weaknesses, fears, and vulnerabilities and guess what... that is ok. 
17. I'm human.
18. I owe 100% of the person I am to today to the people I've spent my life with. If I am of any worth at all, its because of my friends and family.
19. I'm better than I was yesterday...
20. & guess what... I'll be even better tomorrow. 

P.s. As we all know, tomorrow is Valentines Day... & I have the greatest Valentine out there!
This good looking son of a gun is the GREATEST thing that has ever happened to me. & I cannot wait to see what the adventures of 2012 have in store with him!



5 love notes:

  1. I love this post so much. Especially because i can relate to sooo many of the things you said. I might just have to come up with a list for my 2011 as well! you are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this list as well. 2011 was such a great year! here's to more fantastic and exciting things to do and learn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That post made me a bit teary. So sweet, I really love numero 3. Also I want your hair color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just great! I just love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the list--especially the one about timing. Such a cute blog.

    ReplyDelete

« »

HER AND HIM All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger