two years.

March 27, 2012



 Remember how Kevin served a two year LDS mission in Geneva Switzerland-France?
oh I do, and I love every last bit of it.

Today consumed of a lot of statistics homework, a test, some nick nack wedding plans, and some almost end of the semester lack of will power and determination to do my school work. (why does it always happen to me around this time?) I can hear my stomach turning wanting me to feed it, but there is nothing for me to fill it with. (ramen noodles only goes so far) Its around this time that I want to kick my books to the curb and just lie on the exciting turning green grass on a hand crafted quilt, with nothing but my ipod, Kev, and a good read. 

As I sit here reading the letters that Kev and I had written each other for two years, I have an overwhelming feeling of gratitude. As I think of the things to complain about I realize there is so much more to be thankful for. As I read the hand written letters I have a humbled heart, tears full of laughter, rekindled sparks of memories, a realization that Im not the same young naive girl I was two years ago, and a heart full of love. 

Blessed.

20 love notes:

  1. this is so beautiful! glad you have kept all the letters, how amazing they must be to look back on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome! I'm happy for the two of you! I've been waiting for almost 6 months and have loved seeing the letters start to pile up. Any advice?
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a missionary right now and I am keeping all of his letters. I know I will read over them and cry. As usual! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute post! My mother still has all the letters my dad sent from his tour of Afghan.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet! Love the blog design too!

    alyssaslifestory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww! so sweet! :)

    xo
    purposelyathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post! I'm at that don't want to do homework/hungry with nothing to eat point as well! This has got me refocused. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh this is simply precious. So happy for you guys!! So glad I just discovered your blog, I LOVE it! I am looking forward to your next post!
    If you have the time, I'd love for you to check out my blog and follow!
    http://covergirlandconverse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so sweet, it must feel nostalgic to read those letters!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't imagine being apart for two full years! But how amazing that you now have two years worth of handwritten love letters...imagine pulling those out to show to future babies!

    Andrea
    Left brain, right brain, pug brain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. awwww, this really made me smile! i'm happy for you guys! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww I just stumbled across your blog and i am already in love! i also have a missionary and so hearing success stories makes me totally happy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. AHHHGHGHGH I LOVE THIS!!!! What a wonderful, blessed life you have!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww congratulations. Great blog, I'm now following xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great blog, love it. Gonna follow!
    two questions?
    1. Does your man know a Sister Metro? I think she served in the same mission
    2. Would you be interested in a button swap?

    ReplyDelete
  16. aww that is so sweet... love your blog :D

    i'm doing my first giveaway

    http://sachasaucysnippets.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/first-giveaway_29.html

    i'm following you now

    Sacha

    ReplyDelete
  17. so sweet, what a great treasure to have

    ReplyDelete
  18. aww thats so amazing and sweet..

    http://yuliconversations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

« »

HER AND HIM All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger