home is wherever im with you

April 2, 2012

GUESS WHAT...(cue fireworks)

The fabulous fiance and i have found ourselves a place to live. (sigh of relief, and a breath of fresh air)
a place of family, a place of love, and a place of endless dreams.

It literally has fallen right into our laps and we couldnt be more grateful & humbled.

It seriously couldnt be more perfect.
And lucky is a total and complete understatement.
blessed.

However it is not furnished, thus far we have ourselves an adorable chair ;) haha. 
Lovelies if you know of anyone getting rid of some screamin furniture holla back!

Here are some interior design pictures that  have rather struck my fancy and have caught my up most attention. 

{Via}
i cannot get enough of that chandelier! 
{via}
i was literally drooling over the hard wood floors! the woodwork is incredible!
{via}
love the window seat and bookshelves! 
{via}
that ceiling!
{via}
that back splash!

I would love to hear from all of you with the amazing tips up yours sleeves with decorating and being newlyweds so holla backs! elsha(dot)rae(at)gmail(dot).com!

35 love notes:

  1. I remember when the hubby and I were engaged and we found our first place which fell into our laps as well -- God is good! Good luck decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on the new place!!!
    can't wait to see how you decorate it.
    xxjes

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAHH, I love hardwood floors...the salon I work at has old hardwoods and they're amazing..bah i love them and CONGRATS ON THE HOUSE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay, congrats on finding a place. how exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats! apartment shopping is the worst. when we got our apartment, i spent hours planning on what it would look like. did that ever happen? no. how about our second apartment? how we were going to antique the cabinets & paint the living room & bedroom..? nope. money just doesn't go to house decorating when you're a newlywed. but if you end up doing any of these, props to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with that bedroom with the window seat and bookshelves, so adorable!

    If you have an Ikea near you, I would definitely go there. They have pretty decent furniture at great prices, half of my apartment is from there haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE THIS!!! so darling!! you guys are so dang cute! My husband and I went to BYU, but just recently moved to texas for his law schooling. my blog is http://aaronkarina.blogspot.com. LOVE your blog! congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your new place! How exciting to be able to start planning the interior, your furniture, and your lives together! Beautiful inspiration pictures, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck! Moving is a nightmare, but decorating is so fun.

    No advice from me, trust me, YOU DON'T WANT IT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting! God is seriously the best, giving you a house so easily! I can't wait to have my own place and decorate it how I want :D
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. love all of your picks! new follower !! check out my blog today for a really cute giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your new home! It is so fun to decorate with your love and make the space your own. Take your time when decorating and think everything through. We did some stuff on impulse, and are now having to go back and re-do things three years later as our tastes have changed and the house has come together more. Enjoy decorating :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh I would love to have a chandelier! You are going to have such a blast decorating :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dude. Where you living at?! I wanna know! I love decorating. Follow a bunch of thrifting blogs, and you'll get great ideas to cheaply decorate, when you must splurge and buy something new then look on sale sights like: one kings lane, fab.com, the foundary and of course overstock, ebay and amazon! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jealous! I love decorating new places.
    My best advice would be to buy a few key pieces (like a couch, kitchen table...the important stuff) first. I'm not sure when you're moving, but you might try to get them during a sale (Easter? Mother's day? Furniture stores love random holiday sales, right?). We got our couch for cheap when we shopped during Labor day weekend! Also, check craigslist! (that's where our kitchen table's from, and it was actually super nice!)
    Check out thrift stores for smaller stuff like side tables and lamps and shelves. You can pretty much repaint anything, you just have to find the right decorating blog to show you how!
    Last but not least, don't rush into buying anything you're not sure about. You don't have to get your place completely decorated before you move in...get a few things, then live there awhile and you'll figure out exactly how everything should look!

    Andrea
    Left brain, right brain, pug brain.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i really LOVE the window seat picture. totally my style. and if you have the money to splurge on things like this then good for you... if you're more like me and get a lot of hand-me-downs just focus on making them work for you even if they aren't your dream style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My advice. Don't spend lots of money on furniture until you have a place that will be yours forever. Then you can really decorate it how you want. Also, we might be getting rid of a few pieces if you would like them, like maybe a kitchen table and possibly a couch? I do have to ask Ryan how he feels about the couch first.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. amazing! love how everything is put so well together.

    http://yuliconversations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. congrats on finding a place! now comes the fun part of decorating!!!

    http://semoore2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. congrats on the new place. Have fun decorating... it can be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  23. congratulations! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh and I wanted to tell you that ikea has fabulous white sofas, chairs & loveseats that are very affordable. I like white furniture because you can change out the pillows & accessories each season!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the white walls and all the accents. Hopefully your place can look like that!

    ReplyDelete
  26. congratulations on finding a place. how exciting!! i've always wanted floor to ceiling bookshelves! great inspirational photos :)

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love all of those interiors, they look so peaceful and pretty. Thanks for visiting at The Latest Find! Hope you're having a good week, Happy Easter! =)

    ReplyDelete
  28. those pics are beautiful! i just say dont overdo it, simple style is always classy.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello! Love your blog! I just added myself to your followers for support, and I wanted to invite you to come be a part of a gorgeous necklace giveaway I’m having!

    Hope to see you there! Thanks so much!!

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/04/time-for-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. ahh congratulations! What a relief, and now you get to think of all the great ways you will decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  31. congrats and best of fun and luck for getting the perfect interieur!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you so much for your sweet comment...made my day! I'm loving your blog and am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  33. My husband and I literally bought everything for our house from Costco or Ikea. They have amazing prices for new things. We always checked craiglist and Ksl SO much. Our dining room table came from friends who didn't need it anymore.

    Ross is awesome for home decor stuff on the cheap. so is the DI.

    Sounds like so much fun! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  34. oh man i can only imagine how great it will feel to finally have a place.. we are still searching. lol congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Every single picture here is pretty incredible! Congrats on the new place. And thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

« »

HER AND HIM All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger