rainy days

July 16, 2012


Blazer: Urban Outfitters/ Top: Thrifted/ Shorts: Express/ Watch: Target/ Shoes: Dolce Vita

Its been raining up in these parts, and I absolutely love it! It has also been a day with a lot of ponder, deep thoughts, gratitude, and humility. One of my ultimate favorite things is quotes, especially quotes by the people I admire most. On this rainy thoughtful day I have filled it with the words by a lady close and dear to my heart. A lady full of wisdom, poise, dedication, and kindness. A lady who I will always look up to, and a lady whose name is Marjorie Pay Hinckley. 

Here are some of her wise, thoughtful, and dear words:

-“The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.” 

-“I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.
I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children.
I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden.
I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.
I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.” 

-“The trouble with the world and the trouble with you and me is that we don't love each other enough. And if we do, we don't bother to show it, or we don't bother to say it. If the world is to know love, it has to be in your heart and in mine.” 

-“As you create a home, don't get distracted with a lot of things that have no meaning for you or your family. Don't dwell on your failures, but think of your successes. Have joy in your home. Have joy in your children. Have joy in your husband. Be grateful for the journey.” 

Happy Monday to you and you and you! 


6 love notes:

  1. We've had some pretty stormy afternoons and I love it :) Also love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this quote. seriously.
    also, let the summer rains begin, but seriously!
    love this outfit as well.

    K

    kirstenandryanwiemer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, sweet series of quotes. love her and president hinckley both!

    allie

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've been loving that first quote for a while; since i saw it on pinterest! i seriously love it!

    ♥, sarah
    sarahreed99.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such good quotes! Thank you for sharing, I definitely want to remember them :)
    BTW. You have the prettiest hair!

    xoxo, jamie brooke

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love all of these quotes, and your outfit! ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete

« »

HER AND HIM All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger