loved ones.

August 7, 2012

A very close friend to Kevin and I unfortunately passed away last night from a fatal scooter accident. I feel so incredibly blessed to have the restored gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I don't know how I could understand times like these without it. My heart and prayers go out to the Meservy family. I'm grateful to know that they have the gospel in their lives as well because even though I can't imagine what they're going through, our Savior understands. Life is far too short and fragile we need to remember not to get too caught up in our everyday tasks and to do lists to forget to tell the ones that we care about most how much we love them. 
Sometimes we get too caught up in the everyday things and forget to remember the the things that truly matter most to us. I encourage all of you to take a few minutes and remind yourself of all the things that really matter most to you, and what you are blessed with everyday. Tell the people closest to your heart how much you love them and how much they truly mean to you. This is our one and only chance at mortal life-the longer we live the greater of realization that it is short and brief. Time never stands still it must always steadily march on. One of the greatest blessings that we can truly learn is the realization and the coming to understand what really is important and what is not. 
"If you have children who are grown and gone, in all likelihood you have occasionally felt pangs of loss and the recognition that you didn’t appreciate that time of life as much as you should have. Of course, there is no going back, but only forward. Rather than dwelling on the past, we should make the most of today, of the here and now, doing all we can to provide pleasant memories for the future. Stresses in our lives come regardless of our circumstances. We must deal with them the best we can. But we should not let them get in the way of what is most important—and what is most important almost always involves the people around us. Often we assume that they must know how much we love them. But we should never assume; we should let them know." -Thomas S. Monson. 
So guys... send a dear and sincere note to the ones you are having a hard time with or with bitter feelings, give your parents and siblings a hug and say "I love you more often." And last but not least "Never let a problem to be solved become more important that a person to be loved."

5 love notes:

  1. What a tragic loss! I totally agree with you 100%. It's only through Jesus Christ that we can make it through these difficult times. It's so easy to take life, family, friends, etc for granted. Makes me realized how blessed I am. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your husband, his family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing a loved one is so beyond difficult, but can also bring you so much closer to Heavenly Father and to your loved ones that are still here on earth. I lost a good friend last year and another good friend two years before that. It never gets easier, you just get better at it and you learn something different each time. My prayers are with you and the family of the friend you just lost! Take care.

    xo - Chelsi
    Blondie Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss. I experienced this just over a month ago and know that it would not have been so manageable with out my faith. Praying for peace and understanding for you and their family. xo Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss. Bringing glory and focus on what matter's most, our relationship with the Father through Jesus, will bring far greater benefits than we can imagine. Thank you for reminding us to cherish the here and now. I'll be praying for peace at this time for you all.

    jennyleighsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for your loss. I lost my best friend March this year and i still feel kind of empty now. It's horrible that people have to leave. Thinking of you and the family. xox

    ReplyDelete

« »

HER AND HIM All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger