simple pleasures.

August 28, 2012

As excited I am for fall, and for the change of scenery, routine, daily tasks, and everything else. I am mostly sad for summer to leave because of the care freeness of it all and for the feeling of no homework, and little things that seem to stress me out. A couple days before school had even started I was already starting to attack my poor fingernails and bite them to the bone from stress(and school hadn't even started yet!) haha, so as this week has been unfolding with mine and Kevin's new schedules I began to think to myself all of the simple pleasures to calm me down. When it comes down to it, we all have so many! There is so much to be thankful for!  And the more I thought about them, the more I realized how blessed I am... Here are ten(of a few) of my simple pleasures...

1: This picture. This picture was taken when I was only a sophomore in high school. (cute little babies right?) haha. But I also love it because it reminded me that the last time Kevin and I went to school together I was only a sophomore in high school and now I'm a sophomore in college. (Two credits short from being a junior... stupid UVU.) It feels good to have the same sophomore year "eye candy" ;).
2: Face time with my favorite sister in the whole world.(my only sister, but still ;) )
3: When Kevin makes his annual Sunday breakfast. And a good breakfast at that.
4: When Kevin speaks in French it makes me weak at the knees.
5: Unexpected text messages from loved ones telling me that they love me.
6: Mine and Kevins 13-14 year old Sunday school class that we teach together. You could definitely call them the Rugrats bunch, and all of the 9 girls have a huge crush on Kev(they call him Channing Tatum?) we learn so much from it.
7: The smell of freshly cut grass, or a nice clean home.
8: Living so close to my family. Sunday dinners have never felt so good.
9: Having nieces and nephews. Love love love them. Even more excited to know that there are two more on the way.
10: Old black and white movies.

With it being back to school and everything changing I thought it would be fun for others to share ten of their simple pleasures as well for the next little bit. So if you would like to just shoot me an email at elsha.rae92@gmail.com and I will feature it on here!
Happy back to school!

6 love notes:

  1. Simple pleasures are such a good reminder for sanity in stressful times. My favorites from your list are a clean home and old black and white movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet post! I'm glad you have tons of things in your life to be smiling about. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet and cute that you have that picture from years ago. Good luck with the school year and thanks for sharing your simple pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi pretty!!
    I saw that pic in Instagram!!! :) I like your post!!
    happy september!!
    I am happylollipop4 in Instagram!!
    ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. It always makes me happy when people list of the simple things that they appreciate in life. Your post is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete

« »

HER AND HIM All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger