because we never had a myspace...

September 27, 2012

Luckily by the time I wanted to enter the social media world myspace was starting to fizzle out and facebook was the new hit thing. So to my mothers luck my sister and I never had a myspace account to plaster the web of the ever so classic mirror pictures with the classy toilet in the background, the "duck lips", or the oh so original "shocked and astonished face". (gosh darnit.) For some reason I feel like I didn't miss out on much, maybe I'm biased though. ;)

Remember when writing notes was THEEE THING. The other day I caught my self crying of laughter at a "love note" that I had gotten from one of my secret crushes. (You know, the cute ones that you would only dare talk to through pen and paper. & when you would see them in the hall you would avoid them like the plague.) For those of you who still have those junior high style notes read them. I promise you won't regret it.

As for myself. I believe I'm going to write Kevin a note written in mostly abbreviated words like... gr8, ttyl, luv u, ur, & then finish it off with write back soon, a squirt of Ed Hardy perfume, and fold it the classic way that says "pull me!" to open it.

As for my sister... mirror pics will always be cool to me even though they do make me think of myspace. & thanks for cracking me up. Receiving video messages like this one will always make my day.

KEY: My sister is the cute blonde who gets kicked in the face.

                     

For those of you who laughed at this, don't feel guilty. We all did too. 

4 love notes:

  1. I love everyone's reaction to her being kicked in the face, and then the person filming; laughing. And I definitely laughed along! Too good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey cutie!!
    Come to a blog party in Provo next week!
    Read my blog to find out :)
    hope all is well.
    xoxo,
    Sierra
    Oh, Just Living the Dream

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness that video is hilarious...but i feel bad for your sister. hope there was no lasting damage. hahaha, but that is pretty classic, especially that it was on camera! how convenient.
    and i just went and read old love notes from little crushes. HILARIOUS. i had one of those boyfriends too, the one who wrote ily qt pie. {with the pi sign. haha} anyways, love your blog. new follower here! :)
    let me know if you want to button swap!
    kerrirogers77@gmail.com

    kerrirogers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you two are cute sisters!! :) Trust me, you didn't miss out on myspace... ;)

    Reading about and remembering the crazy-folded paper notes made me smile! Definitely did that up until high school with a few girl friends before we had cell phones. ;)

    ReplyDelete

« »

HER AND HIM All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger