the thoughts of today...

October 15, 2012

 I don't know if I am high off of the fact that it is now "cool" to wear polka dots, that I can now wear beanies and rewear beanies and wear even more beanies, the pork that was in my Cafe Rio salad, or if today is just one of those GREAT days... but I have so many great thoughts running through my head covered with an H&M hat that needs to be jumbled down.

You know those days that you feel like your day is in the complete dumps...(girls not the days that are your time of the month)... but the days that you feel as if you were to do one more thing at fault and imperfected that it could go down in the record book? That was my day a couple days ago. I despise running. I hate it. Singing and running are not things I was blessed with but when my day is at an all time low I have to run it out. So that is just what I did.. I put on my running kicks and ran and ran until I felt like I was either going to pass out or puke.

I decided to take it easy for a bit and to just sit on the grass (at a church nearby) and before I knew it the kindest hand gently tapped me on the shoulder. I looked up and it was an old man, with the biggest smile that could light up any room. He said," I had no intensions of coming over here, in fact I tried everything in my might not to but everything inside of me kept on insisting of me to come over... "  The conversation soon led to him telling me about how he had recently lost his sweet wife. Then he told me (not knowing that I had been having a hard day) "My wife loved quotes, and her favorite quotes were always Marjorie Pay Hinckley's. She also loved to smile along with myself, smiling is my favorite hobby." Then he quoted to me one of Marjorie Pay Hinckley quotes."The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache." 

He gave me one last smile and then was on his way...

During our time here on this earth, optimism can be our escape.  Smiling is contagious, I know it because everyone else's smiles always seems to make me crack one. & even on the hard and bitter days, we still have so much to be thankful for and as the wise old man had said with a smile... "smiling is my hobby."

18 love notes:

  1. okay this is the sweetest post ever!!
    What a cute man!!

    Glad your days got better

    xoxo
    -Mikell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cute huh... im such a sucker for old people. & sorry i never got your button up. i stopped doing sponsors, haha too much work for me as of late. but your blog is adorable. and could you get any cuter?

      Delete
  2. What a sweet old man!! And I hear ya, I actually just wrote about being kinda 'down in the dumps' this past week. Either cry/laugh it out then we can move on to do better!! :)
    Hope your week is stellar!

    Bri

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the cutest story i have ever heard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is so cool. What a great little insight we all need to consider. Smiling is the best medicine some times. Hope this week is going great for you! Don't forget to smile!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing and touching post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet old man! That is a great quote :)

    Your outfit is super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're having such a fantastic day! *cheers* to beanies and polkadots! :)

    And how wonderful that that sweet man took time to talk with you on that not-so-good day...that quote by Sister Hinckley is a GEM. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THis blog post just made my day! Thank yuo so so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! I love this. I couldn't agree more. Thank you for sharing! It was just what I needed!

    shayleewilcox,blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The post is very informative. It is a pleasure reading it. I have also bookmarked you for checking out new posts.
    Kızlık zarı
    Genital estetik

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet story and a wonderful quote! (and a fab outfit!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful photos.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just found your blog! It's a wonderful read :)


    www.theendlessbucketlistblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great quote! I love your outfit BTW even though it's not really the subject of this post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i wish i could pull off a beanie! i just can't. your blog is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet moment :) So glad we found one another's blogs. Excited to read more!

    ReplyDelete

« »

HER AND HIM All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger