Lemon Squeezy.

November 19, 2012


So I have been wanting to try the Naomi braid for a long long time now.  However I have always been skeptical with doing it because I have the THICKEST hair out there. I kid you not, I have to get it thinned all the time, and you could probably mistake my hair from a horses mane haha. So this morning I thought whatevs... Im going to face my fears and try it!

....and IT WORKED! (I am still amazed) It also took me a total of five minutes. TOPS. 

Soon after I put this photo on the gram I had a bunch of people asking me how I did it, so I will tell you.  You ready for these beyond simple steps? K... Listen up.

1. Part your hair down the middle.
2. Braid it in the oh so beautiful braids like you used to back in the day. Yes, I felt like a pilgrim, or Pippi Longstocking. (Naomi twists her pigtails but I prefer the braided look.)
...& 3. Criss cross them one at a time over your head and then pin them down. 

*since I have rather thick hair I had to use numerous bobby pins in the middle to make sure it wouldn't fall out. But for those of you who don't have thicker hair it usually should only take about four bobbies. 

And there you have it! Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy! Seriously though. So easy, fast, and fun!  Let me know how it works for you guys... and if you feel like your hair might be a little bit too short, try it anyways and just use extra bobbies! Cheers for being a girl! 

19 love notes:

  1. I wanna see a pic of the back! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks really pretty but I want to see the back too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great. ive wanted to try this too, however i have the thinnest hair in the world, so most likely this wouldn't work.

    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. try try try! i thought mine never had a chance of working. ;)

      Delete
  4. The hair style is so adorable!!!! I love your outfit too! Oh my gosh, you are so beautiful!
    xo,
    Sisterstyleforever

    sisterstyleforever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i too am a fan of the naomi braid but can't seem to get it down! yours looks fab girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'll trade your horse thick hair for my thin is it really there? hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so i'm the same way...super thick hair. it isn't awkward in the back at all? that was my biggest concern. i'm gonna have to try it now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your hair! And this blog :) thanks for giving me my first comment too. Definitely following you now <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seem easy!! I would like to see your back!!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this 'do!! An easy yet bold way to put our hair up, especially when it's too dirty to do anything else (which in my case happens a lot;) And your scarf and shirt are fabulous!

    My old roommate/bestie has crazy thick hair too...but I was always jealous! Your thick, gorgeous red hair is AWE-some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, I'm obsessed with your blog. My roommate and I always love it whenever you post something! We're huge fans :) And your hair is so so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok you are the sweetest. THANK YOU for your sweet sweet words. totally made my day!

      Delete
  12. looks great and definitely gives me a little confidence to try this myself! I too have really thick hair and nothing really stays up. But it looks awesome on you!!! Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome work, you have proved helpful very hard to get this website where it is these days, best of success and hopefully you get the right cost for.
      Kızlık zarı

      Delete

« »

HER AND HIM All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger