HOME IS WHEREVER IM WITH YOU.

January 8, 2013




Growing up my sweet mother always had a special knack for design. Especially around the holidays the home was always decorated up to par. (a gift I hope and pray is hidden in my genes somewhere.) But also growing up, my home never fell short of feeling peaceful, "homey" & most importantly the greatest getaway from the world. It wasn't because of the decorative things that the home consisted of, rather more of the memories & the people it was shared with.

The dining room table where us Sanderson girls would rant and rave about the latest dream boat high school boys as my dad would pretend like he couldn't hear it. The front door where my dad would shake all of the nervous boys ready to take us on a date with a firm hand shake followed by a "What time will you have her home?". The sweet kitchen where my mother would create the most mouth watering dinners. The closet in the basement where my little sister and I would sleep every Christmas eve with lights, Home Alone, & a blow up mattress. The living room where family prayer was held every night, or the Love Sac (bean bag) in the basement that my dad always hated. (they dont call those things love sacs for nothing, haha literally a cuddle magnet.) Or where the infinite I love yous were shared.

Our humble apartment isn't pinterest worthy. Nothing that it contains is expensive stuff, or pretty stuff. However I am forever grateful for it. It amazes me as time goes on how "homey" its starting to feel because of the memories that Kevin and I are starting to create. What I love most about my home is who I get to share it with. Kevin is what makes our home a home. From what I have learned... home is what you make it, & most importantly who you share it with.

22 love notes:

  1. So so cute! I evny your bed frame. I wish we had one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe thanks girl! IKEA! haha you can never go wrong there!

      Delete
  2. girl, are you kidding me, i think it is so cute!
    seriously. love the simple bed frame.
    i think simple can really be the best and your place looks awesome.
    i feel like our place is homey, but since i know we will be moving in april i've kind of stopped working on it.
    i think the bedframe makes it, and that once we move will definitely be our first purchase.
    just adorable!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your posts like these.
    I share them with a boy in hope he'll get my hints ;)

    You two are seriously THE cutest couple ever!
    I cannot wait to be married.

    -XO Abbigayle Rashae
    -trueblueabbi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i cant wait for you to be married as well. you will love it! everyday is a new adventure!

      Delete
  4. This was such a great post, and such a gentle reminder to me that home is the people in your life, not necessarily the roof over your head or the decor it contains. My husband, my 1 year old daughter, our 75 pound dog, and I live in a teeny tiny studio apartment. It's for a short time, but I find myself complaining about it more than being thankful for it. So thank you for this reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are the sweetest. thanks. im sure youre studio apartment looks amazing!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. hahaha! far from it! but thank you!

      Delete
  6. Sweet sweet sweet, that's what you are! I love reading your cute posts like this because they are simple yet so true! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love it so much! it's so cute!
    -sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet!

    Valeria.
    http://myurbanmarket.blogspot.it
    http://www.facebook.com/ValeUrbanMarket

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay. This is adorable.

    www.somethingdevineblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that means a lot coming from you! ;) thanks hailey! xoxo

      Delete
  10. your house is seriously the cutest thing! It looks so cozy! Your blog is darling!

    toriandalex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are the cutest, I love reading your blog. It is a huge slice of happy in the blog world.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a cute post!I think your room is perfect! I can't wait to share a home with my husband, home is definitely with the ones you love!

    Rachael xx.

    www.theteacozykitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello! I'm new here and I like it :)
    cute post

    ReplyDelete

« »

HER AND HIM All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger