THE RED ROCK OF SOUTHERN UTAH

March 19, 2013

^ I didn't hesitate for the slightest second when I got up close and personal to take this picture, until Kevin yelled, "Elsha that thing is going to buck ya off the cliff!."^
*all images taken on the iPhone (one of the many reasons why Im a huge fan)

Kevin and I packed our bags and headed down south for the weekend. Utahans really are lucky when it comes to scenery. It blows my mind seeing all of the amazing red rock. Im pretty sure St. George and Mars are close siblings, dontcha think? ;) This was my first time doing Zions and the hikes, I still cant believe I managed to go to Southern Utah University without ever going. Holy Smokes, it was so beautiful and the hikes were so amazing! If you have never been, I highly suggest the Angels Landing hike.

When Kevin and I started dating and had gotten past the "Tell me about yourself" stage, we were soon talking about the siblings and relatives. Come to find out, our grandparents live down the street from each other and are card night buddies/ ward pals! It's funny how small of a world it really is!

 Over the weekend Kevin had family staying down in St. George as well so it resulted in lots of sand volleyball and sunburns. Ouch, St. George! The weekend was full of yummy food, family, the sunny heat, hiking, and just each other.

Now school, be nice to me these last few weeks. please.

14 love notes:

  1. These photos are beautiful! Can't wait to visit Utah some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can someday too! it is so incredibly beautiful!

      Delete
  2. so jealous you guys were able to go down there!! The weather looked amazing!! Glad you had fun with cousins too.. miss ya, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good to see everyone! miss and love you guys! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Looks like so much fun. I just love Southern Utah. So glad you were able to go.
    www.ohsweetgoodness.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pics are great.

    Valeria.
    http://myurbanmarket.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. iphone wins. i love when you get good pictures without lugging around a massive camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. amen. couldnt have said it better.

      Delete
  6. so adorable, loving all your posts!

    http://myfaveyouare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love st. george with all my heart ♥

    brookiebrooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog. And I am from Utah. It is BEAUTIFUL!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Tiara.
    http://illbelovingu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. So jealous! I live in Utah, but it DEFINITELY does not look like St. George. I love it there! I've done a couple of canyons at Zions and they are some of my fondest memories. Wish I could get in a couple of sunburns about now!

    Sue // Chevron & Lace


    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys are so cute! And yes, Zion is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

« »

HER AND HIM All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger