"PERFECT"

September 26, 2013


Instagram comparisons can be the thief of joy.

How many times a day do you hit that refresh button on your Instagram app? Or even do the "double tap"? Too many to count? Me too. I love Instagram. I have met great friends through the social media app.  It can leave you inspired, laughing, feeling uplifted, or even all sorts of creative. However it can also leave you feeling inadequate or you may even find yourself making comparisons.

Do you ever ask yourself, "How is their life so perfect?" Wondering why you don't have any new wardrobe numbers in your closet, a passport used numerous times for traveling the world, a perfect family with adorable baby announcements... well, what we don't see is this. We don't see that maybe their new outfit is borrowed from a friend or that it was gifted, the sweat and tears that went into saving up for those fun vacations, or a future mom that had struggled for years with infertility and had finally succeeded.

I am not perfect, you are not perfect, and as crazy as it may seem, no one you nor I follow on Instagram is either. It's easy to check Instagram and to think that you are the only one going through hard things when in reality everyone else is going through the bumps of life just like you and I are.

So the next time you find yourself "comparing" on Instagram, remember this- you can't see the whole story behind that 4x4 filtered image, and that they have their struggles, too. Until we accept the fact that  none of us are going to be perfect, we can never truly be happy.

Rock & love every second of your life, because after all, it is straight up magic.

9 love notes:

  1. two thumbs up, lady. this is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed this! As much as I love instagram comparing myself to others has always gotten the better of me; instagram only makes it 800x worse. I have been detoxing my time spent scrolling down the feed and stalking the handfuls of "perfect ones". My blog reading has been cutting down too for the same reason but I can always count on yours for a good pick me up! Love ya cuz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! So true! I think everyone experiences this in the world we live in. Great post - you are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! My favorite quote is "The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else's highlight reel." - Steve Furtick.

    Couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could not agree with this post more! Thanks for the reminder girl! Somebody said to me the other day..."if only we could see the world through instagram eyes," but who wants to see perfect all the time? Not me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog, it is darling! I also love this post, I deleted my instagram a while ago for similar reasons to this. It has been a refreshing change. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww such a good post!! Love it!
    kayliecphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

« »

HER AND HIM All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger